Participant Terms and Conditions
The following Terms and Conditions (these “Terms”) apply to you and any party you are registering for participation in RAISE Limited Partner Summit scheduled for May 13, 2021 (“Raise”). By clicking “you agree” during the online registration process or during the online reconfirmation process (collectively “Registration”), each person participating in Raise (“Participant”) agrees to the following.
- Each Participant must have a valid Registration to participate in Raise.
- Raise reserves the right to revoke any Registration at its sole discretion.
- Only the individual named in a Registration can use that Registration. Each Registration is non-transferable without the prior consent of Raise.
- Each Participant hereby grants Raise the right to distribute the name and company affiliation of such Participant to all other Participants. Except as granted within these Terms or otherwise granted in writing or through web form acknowledgement by a Participant, no additional information about a Participant may be distributed.
- Each individual Participant is specifically invited to Raise, and Raise will verify that each Participant’s registration corresponds to such invitation. Each invitation is categorized as follows:
- Limited Partner (“LP”): Participants who invest in venture funds either individually or through an entity.
- Speaker (“Speaker”): Participants who are presenting or moderating at Raise and is not an LP.
- Sponsor (“Sponsor”): Participants who are funding and/or organizing the Event and are not an LP or Speaker.
- During Raise, each Presenter will present either live or via pre-recorded content (collectively, a “Presentation”). By participating as a Presenter, you hereby (a) grant Raise permission to (i) make video and audio recordings of your Presentation available to all other Participants during Raise and (ii) make your Presentation available to LPs on-demand for 90 days after Raise and (b) acknowledge and agree that Raise will not be responsible for any further distribution of any Presentation by the LPs or any third-parties.
- IN NO EVENT SHALL RAISE OR ITS SPONSORS BE LIABLE TO ANY PARTICIPANTS, OR ANY OTHER PERSON OR ENTITY FOR (a) ANY PERSONAL INJURY OR DAMAGES TO PROPERTY, (b) DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF BUSINESS PROFITS OR OTHER PECUNIARY LOSS, INCLUDING ANY DIRECT, CONSEQUENTIAL, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, PUNITIVE OR SIMILAR DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ANY PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN RAISE, EVEN IF RAISE HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES, (c) ERRORS, MISTAKES, OR INACCURACIES OF CONTENT IN RAISE OR THE RAISE WEBSITE, (d) ANY UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR USE OF THE RAISE WEBSITE OR INFORMATION STORED THEREIN, (e) ANY INTERRUPTION OR CESSATION OF TRANSMISSION OF RAISE, OR (f) ANY BUGS, VIRUSES, TROJAN HORSES, OR THE LIKE WHICH MAY BE TRANSMITTED TO OR THROUGH THE RAISE WEBSITE BY ANY THIRD PARTY.
- EXCEPT AS MAY BE EXPRESSLY SET FORTH IN THESE TERMS, PARTICIPANT’S PARTICIPATION IN RAISE, AND ALL SERVICES AND PRODUCTS PROVIDED IN CONNECTION WITH RAISE, ARE PROVIDED “AS IS” WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, AND NO OTHER WARRANTIES, WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED, OR OTHERWISE, ARE MADE WITH RESPECT TO THE SAME, INCLUDING ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE OR SAFETY, OR ANY WARRANTIES THAT MAY ARISE FROM COURSE OF DEALING. RAISE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIMS ANY WARRANTIES NOT EXPRESSLY SET FORTH HEREIN.
- Each Participant agrees to indemnify, defend, and hold Raise and its officers, managers, members, employees, volunteers, agents, affiliates, and representatives harmless from and against any and all claims, demands and all other liabilities, including, but not limited to, costs and attorneys’ fees, made by any third party arising out of or in connection with such Participant’s involvement with Raise or violation of these Terms.
- 10. The Terms will be governed by the laws of the State of Colorado, without regard to its principles of conflicts of laws. Each Participant and Raise hereby irrevocably submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the United States federal and state courts located in Denver, Colorado and agrees that any such court will be the proper forum for the adjudication of any dispute arising hereunder.
Raise is owned and managed by Raise Conferences, LLC. Raise is a venture capital conference, which provides a forum for potential venture capital investors (the “Potential Investor”) to network and potentially source investment opportunities at the Potential Investor’s sole discretion. Each Potential Investor agrees and understands that neither Raise nor any of its producers or sponsors (listed at https://www.raise.events) provides any investment advice or recommendations with respect to any particular investment opportunities, companies, funds, or asset classes. Raise makes no representations or warranties as to the completeness or accuracy of information conveyed about investment opportunities. The Potential Investors must conduct their own due diligence on any investment that they choose to make. Whether and how to use information gained through Raise is each Potential Investor’s individual and personal choice. Each Potential Investor is solely responsible for such Potential Investor’s own investment decisions. All investment opportunities presented at Raise involve a high degree of risk. All Potential Investors agree that they are able to bear the risk of complete financial loss. No person or entity affiliated with Raise will be held responsible for any Potential Investor’s use of the information, investment decision, or the results of any investment.